Welcome to Chequessett Chocolate
Here at Chequessett Chocolate we take great pride in our mission, our products, and our community. Chequessett Chocolate provides a stimulating work environment, opportunities for personal growth, and job satisfaction. We value high performance from individual employees and the important role they play in our company. We expect our team members to take pride in their work and respond to our customers with the highest integrity and customer service.
How to Apply
APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/VFXSU9YEnF7LLh3eA
CHOCOLATE BAR-TENDER FOR BOSTON HOLIDAY MARKETS
We are looking for an enthusiastic group of staff who are comfortable talking and reaching out to customers in a fun, fast-paced, and collaborative environment. Staff will work together to work Chequessett Chocolate's booths at the Boston Seaport Market and SoWa Market. The role is temporary from November 10th - December 31st.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide a friendly atmosphere by greeting and pulling in each customer enthusiastically and offering samples.
- Customer service must be upbeat, authentic, and attentive for hundreds of market visitors.
- Operate the POS system accurately and efficiently for customer transactions, process credit card transactions, and make change.
- Educate customers as they ask questions to ensure that they understand the concept of bean-to-bar chocolate and what distinguishes us from other chocolate companies.
- Maintain a tidy, organized, hygienic, and attractive stall and chocolate bar display.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a positive attitude. We are seeking someone with an attention to detail, patience, flexibility, ability to work on your feet all day, friendly personality, warm smile, and a sense of humor!
- Great at multitasking and prioritization. Ability to make basic guest service and business decisions.
For the past two years, Chequessett Chocolate has had a fantastic time operating a stall among 100+ other purveyors of fine foods, jewelry, home goods, apparel, prints, and other goods. You will be a Chequessett Chocolate ambassador, engaging customers with samples and encouraging them to buy some of our chocolate and other confections.
What is the Holiday Market?
Imagine festive wooden stalls, sparkling string lights, and warm fire pits: this gathering will bring together an exciting ensemble of artisans, artists, makers, and fine goods enthusiasts in a stunning winter wonderland. The Maker Show amplifies businesses owned by BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, women, and other underrepresented groups.
As a craft chocolate company, our staff should bring an eagerness to learn about our products. Part of the job—beyond selling chocolate bars—is imparting some of the values and philosophies of craft chocolate to customers. We view each transaction as an opportunity to illuminate the complex and fascinating process of turning cacao beans into chocolate, thus a passion for slow food and sustainable agriculture is greatly valued in this job. As with our Cape Cod workshop and café, we seek to foster an exuberant, upbeat, and compassionate work environment where all feel supported.